Delicious fruits and vegetables, along with other foods can be enjoyed by humans, but not always by dogs. In fact, some foods we enjoy can be extremely harmful or even fatal to dogs. Below, learn the 5 foods to never feed your dog to keep him healthy and well.
1. Raw eggs have the capacity to poison your dog. The Salmonella may lead to other illnesses, showing symptoms of stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. Consuming raw eggs in dogs will undoubtedly cause them skin and hair problems, as well as interfere with vitamin absorption.
2. Grapes are a delicious snack that is extremely healthy for humans, but alternatively, they are dangerous for dogs. The early signs of your dog having consumed grapes are vomiting. Even a few grapes can make your dog sick and damage his kidneys.
3. Avocado, the fruit with so many nutrients can easily cause allergic reactions in dogs. It is the persin in avocados, especially if the dog eats a large amount, can cause these reactions.
4. Dairy products can bring on diarrhea and numerous other problems, including allergies and severe illness when giving your dog milk or ice cream. This is because their digestive system is far more sensitive than those of humans.
5. Garlic is a common ingredient in almost every dish, but it can cause blood-related issues in dogs. A small amount may be alright, but be sure to hold back if cooking for your dog using garlic.
Always look around and be vigilant when checking foods that are within your dog’s reach. By the same token, be sure young kids are well aware of the harm that can come to dogs if they are fed these or other foods that are not safe for Fido. Foods to never feed your dog should be studied by the entire family and visitors must also be informed to protect your dog.